JURON is one of the two pilot systems developed by IBM and NVIDIA in the Pre-Commercial Procurement during the HBP Ramp-up Phase. It is located at Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC), Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany.
The Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) was focused on the areas dense memory integration, scalable visualization and dynamic resource management. IBM and NVIDIA addressed these topics the following way:
- Dense memory integration: DSA-attached NVRAM at node-level
- Scalable visualization: Each node is also a visualization node
- Dynamic resource management: Integration with LSF
The key technologies used for the pilot system are
- POWER8′ + NVIDIA Tesla P100 interconnected via NVLink
- 100 Gbps network technology (InfiniBand EDR)
Both PCP pilot systems are installed at Jülich Supercomputing Centre and integrated into the data infrastructure: The GPFS cluster JUST is accessible from all nodes. A 10 Gigabit-Ethernet connectivity for remote visualization is available.
The Pilot systems will be integrated into the HBP HPAC Platform AAI.
JURON is available since October 2016.
For more information and for getting access to JURON, please visit https://trac.version.fz-juelich.de/hbp-pcp/wiki/Public